Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Rwanda

I’m in Rwanda today. Nice, short flight from Nairobi to Kigali. So bizarre to drive and walk along the streets where an enormous genocide has taken place. I’ve stood by the ovens in Dachau and now this. Not quite sure what to make of it yet.

Another missionary and I grabbed a cab this afternoon to head to a business district. Steve, the missionary, doesn’t have his luggage and I accompanied him on a hunt for cheap shirts and underpants. Our cab driver had scars around his eye an on his forehead. I wonder if it’s from that time? I didn’t ask.

Once I get to know the people better, I hope to ask about the genocide. On the outset, they are warm, kind, hospitable, and friendly. I spent some time in the morning talking with several twenty-something aged believers. On to the conference shortly ….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home