Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Miracle

“I am going to heal you so I can use you.”

This is the voice Jan heard the night before last. Jan is part of the intercessory prayer team that is with us in the Middle East. Some might wonder, why would someone travel all that way just to pray? Can’t you pray from home? As I’ve heard more about Jan and how she came to join the team, I’m convinced this is about obedience.

The Lord laid Jan’s name on Mike Jorgensen’s heart to invite her to come be a part of a prayer team. He obeyed and she accepted. She was the one I asked you to pray for her traveling here. Her plane was delayed by a day and she faced some tough obstacles on her journey over here—alone. She could have been discouraged and turned back, she pressed on.

Early in the morning she woke around the same time the mosque was calling out for prayers. She heard a voice saying, “I am going to heal you so I can use you.” Jan has suffered from arthritis since 1996, taking medication to ease the stiffness and pain in her hands and neck. Her hands suddenly felt very warm and she felt compelled to clench her fists, something she hasn’t been able to do since ’96. She then thought, well what about my whole body? And she moved her neck around with ease.

Later that morning she woke up and thought she had dreamed all of this, but then she moved her neck and clenched her fists easily. When she told Mike Jorgensen what had happened, he described her as giddy as a school girl.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 
At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home