Monday, December 17, 2007

2007 Wrap Up

I've been wrestling with what exactly to say to all of you to wrap up 2007 for e3 in Sudan. You've probably picked up on my presupposition that we are all so overwhelmed with information, that for me to get you to read anything about Sudan, David Kaya, or e3, I have to be quick to the point. Photos seem to help too. So here's a super fast end of year note. Photos? Hmmm. Hang in there for a sec.

A huge Thank You from me, Ali and David and Gloria. Just this week, I asked the folks in my home church/fellowship/community group? (We have a bit of an identity crisis right now.) To pray for an issue I was having. Guess what? On Saturday morning the issue was resolved. As I was driving on Saturday thinking about how God was answering prayer, it hit me: Our entire ministry in Sudan is carried by your prayers. Ephesians 2:10 talks about the good works God prepared for us to walk in. I seriously think that between those good works God prepared and your prayers and support, David and I have the fun task of walking in obedience.

The scale and scope of what is happening in Sudan is so beyond the two of us, that to credit ourselves is laughable. In fact, we laugh all the time about how crazy all of this. But that’s the fun, cool part of being a Jesus follower. Remember in Luke 10 after the 70 came back from door to door evangelism? They were amazed at what the Lord did through them. I know exactly how they feel.

I laid all this out in my hard copy newsletter. If you didn’t get that in the mail, I’ve made links to them available here:

Photos via PDF

Word doc that explains the PDF


In a nutshell:

We have begun to address the issue of Christian leadership. The bible school in Kajo Keji is literally a dream come true for David, Edward Dima, and Kenneth Dila. David called me this morning and asked me about how to set limits on who can attend because the demand is rising dramatically. We can only house and feed so many right now. When David first told me his long-term dream was to create a seminary, I thought he was dreaming a bit too big. Now I share that dream.

That bible school is sort of like a tree farm. We won’t see too much immediate fruit, but I pray we’re growing oak and mahogany trees. Trees with deep roots, large canopies, and massive amounts of fruit. But those take time to grow because we’re trying to raise up a generation of leaders. How heavy is that? See how we need your prayers!

We raised up regional e3 leaders:
  • Kato Duku in the east.
  • Samuel Malish in the west.
They’ll train pastors to plant churches, how to use the evangecube and how to make disciples.
  • We identified and are sending out four indigenous missionaries. All are going to unreached areas to establish new churches.
  • The Lord established 14 new churches. He also drew 3,115 new followers of His Son to Himself.
  • The Lord removed a curse through the prayer of a campaigner.
  • He used local pastors to cast out demons.
  • He healed many from addictions.
  • He sent our guys into Congo where revival broke out.
  • He raised the resources to dig a well that saved a community.

And we’re just getting started. I can’t wait to keep walking in the good works He has prepared for us in 2008. I’m praying for more leaders for the harvest. (Matt. 9:38) I’m also praying for:
  • A great medical strategy
  • More biblical leadership training centers
  • A partner for water wells
  • Confirmation of a possible open door with the Southern Peoples Liberation Army (SPLA)
  • More leaders!
  • A women’s ministry to begin
  • Direction on what to do with the primary school at David’s mother church
Thanks again for all your support. For praying, for giving, and for going. I hope you’ll keep up the support in ’08.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home