Friday, March 10, 2006

An Email From The Field

Below is an email from Michael Omega. Michael lives in southern Kenya and often works in Tanzania. Again, an honor to consider him a colleague.



Brethren,

There is a price on every good accomplishment.

Travelling to Rwanda-Kigali on the 19th January 2oo6 begins with the bus being delayed for two hours.On the way as we follow another bus,bandits had blocked the road with an elecric caable.The bus a head of us hit the cable loosing control,breaking the fron screen and all the side mirrows.As the bandits come with thier machetes,pangas,stones and arrows,they stoned the emergency screen as the driver struggled to control the bus.As we approached, they fled into the bush.This was in Kenya,near the uganda boarder.

At the boarder,instead of taking an hour to cross,it took another two and a half hours,as the drivers explained what exactily had happened on the road.

Now in uganda,along the highway an army lorry had collided with a trailer and two army officers had died on the sport.The re was no movement from the scene of the accident to or from Kampmala.Another two hour delay.Now at the Rwandan boarder all the bags were inspected as we waited for another two hours.Arraiving in Kigali on the 20th was alraedy late in the night(9.00pm)As I telephoned my host whowas supposed to have been waiting for me,he tells me he is already in Butare University.I did not like the experience of looking for an alternative acccommodation.But that is exactily what i did.

Leaving for Butare on the 21st as at 5.00pm made me to arrive at 8.00am when the meeting had already begun and even my host who had gone a had of me was not in the meeting.Without breakfast and even changing of my cloths i begun the Training Seminar,when it was already 10.00am.This was a very ineresting day.It was a public communal day,where everybody including the president is involved in the coommunity work from 10.00am-1.00pm.There is no business whatsoever.This was quite an experie nce to me.

But in all i trained over 120 students.They have begun the in-reach at the University on the 5th-19th February 2006.I am expecting prayerfully a very great harvest from this ministry.

I desire that as I pray for them,please will you join me and pray that as these students reach out to over ten thousand students in the university,the lord will draw manby men and women to himself.They expressed another desire that after this in-reach,they want to begin a sunday service at the university.It has never been there.Pray that it eill come to pass that there shall be an interdenominationalsunday service.

I sincerely express my thankfullness for your prayer,encouragement,love and support.

May my God richly bless you in all ways.

Thank you.

Michael Omega

E3Partners Ministry


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home